The Big Bang Fair South East (BBFSE) brings together school children, teachers, STEM employers, STEM Ambassadors and volunteers in a unique festival atmosphere to celebrate all things STEM.
FREE for schools to attend, the aim is to inspire students to continue studying STEM subjects and pursue STEM careers with a view to reducing the STEM skills gap.
- This year’s event welcomed over 13,000 school children from 215 schools in the South East
- 121 employers made STEM subjects fun and relevant by hosting shows, demonstrations, workshops and providing hands on activities
- Organised by STEM Sussex, it is the largest regional event in a national programme led by EngineeringUK
- Gatwick Airport returned as our headline sponsor for the third year running
- The event is held at the South of England Showground.
In 2018, 95% of students surveyed enjoyed themselves and 82% said they learnt a lot by taking part.
The event is also host to the Regional Heats and Award Ceremony for the Big Bank UK Young Scientists and Engineers Competition.
SAVE THE DATE: Big Bang South East 2020 1 and 2 July 2020 – more details to follow, watch this space.